Supplemental Privacy Notices
This Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc. Privacy Statement (our “Privacy Statement” or “Statement”) explains our privacy and information practices and the rights and choices individuals have regarding their personal information that we collect.
Overview of Privacy Practices
We think transparency is important. In this overview, we summarize the personal information we collect and how we use it, which is further explained in our Privacy Statement below. Keep in mind that the actual personal information we collect and how we use it varies depending upon the nature of our relationship and interactions with you. Also, in some cases (such as where required by law), we ask for your consent or give you certain choices prior to collecting or using certain personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected. Generally, we collect the following types of personal information depending upon the nature of our relationship and interactions with you:
- Identifiers: Includes direct identifiers, such as name, email address, phone number, address and other contact information; IP address and other online identifiers; SSN, driver’s license number, passport number, tax ID and other government identifiers; and other similar identifiers. (For example, some of this information may be used to verify your identity to reduce the potential for fraudulent access.)
- Customer Records: Includes personal information, such as name, contact information, education and employment information, SSN and government identifiers, account number, and financial or payment information. (For example, we collect some of this information to fulfill your requests and provide customer service.)
- Commercial Information: Includes records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies. (For example, we collect this information for marketing and legal and regulatory compliance purposes.)
- Usage Data: Includes browsing history, clickstream data, search history, access logs and other usage data and information regarding an individual’s interaction with our websites and other Services, and our marketing emails and online ads. (For example, this information may be used to customize advertisements and improve our Site)
- Audio, Video and Electronic Data: Includes audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us as part of adverse event reporting) and call recordings (e.g., of customer support calls).
- Professional Information: Includes professional and employment-related information (such as current and former employer(s) and position(s), business contact information and professional memberships). (For example, we collect employment information from healthcare providers with whom we contract.)
- Education Information: Information about an individual’s educational history (such as the schools attended, degrees you were awarded, and associated dates). (For example, we collect education information from healthcare providers with whom we contract.)
- Protected Classifications: Includes characteristics of protected classifications under applicable/federal and state/federal and California laws, such as disability information and medical conditions (e.g., which we may collect in order to make available appropriate accommodations for events and other activities / information that you voluntarily provide (e.g., gender, marital status.)
- Inferences: Includes inferences drawn from other personal information that we collect to create a profile reflecting an individual’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities or aptitudes. (For example, we may analyze personal information in order to identify the offers and information that may be most relevant to customers, so that we can better reach them with relevant offers and ads.)
Use of Personal Information. In general, we may use and disclose the personal information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Providing our Site and Services and related support;
- Personalizing content and experiences;
- Marketing and promotional purposes;
- Analyzing and improving our Site and Services;
- Patient safety and product recall;
- In support of our general business operations;
- Securing and protecting our assets and rights;
- Complying with legal and Regulatory obligations.
California residents: If you are a California resident, please refer to the California Residents’ Rights section below for important information about the categories of personal information we collect and disclose, as well as your rights under California privacy laws, including your right to submit a “Do Not Sell My Information” request (i.e., to opt of the sale of your personal information by us).
Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc.’s website (the “Site”) or uses our services (the “Services”).
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which the personal data we collect about you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us in our capacity as a “controller” or a “business” under applicable privacy laws.
When we act as a “processor” or a “service provider,” the privacy statement of the relevant controller or business, under applicable privacy laws, will apply and not this privacy statement.
Personal data. In this Privacy Statement, our use of the term “personal data” includes other similar terms under applicable privacy laws, such as “personal information” and “personally identifiable information.” In general, personal data includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated, linked or linkable with a particular individual. Personal data does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us to identify you.
Not covered by this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement applies only to your use of our Site or Services. It does not apply to job applicants and candidates who apply for employment through our job application portal or who email us their resumes, or to employees and non-employee workers, whose personal data is subject to separate privacy policies.
Links to other websites. For your convenience, we include links to third party websites on our Site. This Privacy Statement does not apply to these websites, which are governed by their own separate privacy statements. We are not responsible for, and have no control over, how your personal data is collected, stored, or used by other websites.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of this Privacy Statement is deemed to occur upon your first use of our site. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy Statement, you must stop using our Site immediately.
Information About Us
The Site is operated by Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc. with its corporate headquarters at 430 East 29th Street, Suite 900, New York, NY 10016.
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: (888) 481-4824
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with our Site or offer your information voluntarily for the purposes of receiving further information regarding, registering for, or using a Service.
The personal data that we collect may include the following:
- Information you provide to us: We collect personal data that you choose to provide to us when you are using or interacting with our Site or requesting, registering for, or using a Service. This personal data may include but is not limited to your name, email address, state and country of residence, job title, and company name. We may collect personal data from your communications with us, including but not limited to through email or forms on our sites. We collect personal information when you report adverse events, make a complaint, or request information, promotional materials, product samples, or customer service. We also collect personal information when you attend or speak at any of our programs.
- Information collected from third parties. We may collect information about you from third party sources (which may be combined with other information we have collected about you), such as: service providers, marketing partners, third-party partners, public and third-party databases, social media platforms (including from social media connections), platform providers, payment processors, healthcare providers and from other third parties.
How Do You Use My Personal Data?
We collect and use your personal data for the purposes described below:
- To provide our Site and Services; to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information we may send or display to you; to offer location customization; to offer personalized help and instructions; to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- For marketing, promotional, and patient support purposes in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we may use your personal data, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, samples and informational materials, or to otherwise contact you about products, services, or other information we think may interest you. We also use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising on third-party websites and to assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns on various platforms.
- To better understand how individuals access and use our Site and Services, to improve and develop our Site and Services, and to respond to individuals’ desires and preferences. This includes using personal data for purposes such as data analysis and conducting surveys or questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- To help verify user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud, investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies, protecting our rights, or pursuing available remedies.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including authenticating your identity, maintaining customer records, monitoring your compliance with any of your agreements with us, collecting debts owed to us, safeguarding our business interests, and managing or transferring our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition, or merger, as described below.
If we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal information.
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Vendors, service providers, and other processors: We use third-party companies to help us provide our Site and Services to you, to perform Site- and Services-related services, to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used, and to provide data storage and other services.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement: We will disclose your personal data if we believe we are required to do so by law or regulation, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, such as in response to a court order or subpoena; when we believe necessary or appropriate to disclose personal data to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law or breaches of security; to respond to any claims against us.
- Third parties in case of a corporate transaction: Your personal data may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of our assets or business, acquisition, bankruptcy, insolvency proceeding, joint venture, assignment, financing, or similar event. Any new owner of our business may continue to use your personal data as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate, de-identified, or anonymized information with others for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Cookies and Tracking
Our Site may use first-party and third-party cookies, pixel tags, plugins and other tools to gather device, usage and browsing information when users visit our Site or use our Services. For instance, when you visit our Site, our server may record your IP address (and associated location information) and other information such as the type of your internet browser, your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and on our site, the pages you view and links you click, as well as date and time stamps associated with your activities on our Site.
Pixel tags and other similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with the Site to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Site and response rates. We and our service providers also use pixel tags in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Log files. Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system name and version. and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
Do-Not-Track signals. Please note that our Site does not recognize or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the so-called ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have. If you wish to disable cookies on our Site, you should not rely on any ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have. For more information about do-not-track signals, please click here.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our website or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 16, except as required by law or regulation. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16—or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States—we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us if you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information.
We have implemented security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data under our control. Please keep in mind that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You can help us by protecting and keeping your passwords safe at all times and not using the same password for different sites.
This Privacy Statement is current as of the Last Updated date set forth below. We may periodically change this Privacy Statement and will post any changes on our Site. If we make any changes to this Privacy Statement that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal data we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
Privacy Notice – California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
This Privacy Notice supplements the information in the rest of our Privacy Statement and is intended for California Residents.
Personal Information under the CCPA
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Your Consumer Rights under the CCPA
- Right to Request Disclosure
You have the right to request, free of charge, that we disclose information about our collection and use of your personal data over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you;
- What personal information we collect, use, or disclose about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collect about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information;
- For each category of personal information, the categories of third parties with whom it was disclosed; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collected.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
- Right of Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to be free from discriminatory adverse treatment for exercising these rights.
Submitting CCPA Requests
In order to protect your privacy and verify your request, we may require additional information from you. Please note that these rights are subject to certain exceptions under applicable law.
To exercise the rights described above, you or your authorized agent may submit a request online using the “Consumer Request Form”, by emailing us at [email protected], or by contacting us at (888) 481-4824. In general, we will verify your request and your identity by matching the information you provided with the information we have in our records.
Authorized agents may initiate a request on behalf of another individual by contacting us via the phone number or email address directly above Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require that the relevant individual directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
To ask us to stop sharing certain information with third parties, please visit our Do Not Sell My Personal Information page at this link. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us via the phone number or email address directly above.
Categories of Personal Information Under the CCPA (Last Updated: 10/22/2020)
While our collection, use and disclosure of personal information varies based upon our relationship and interactions with you, in this section we describe, generally, how we have collected and disclosed personal information about consumers in the prior 12 months (from the Last Updated data above).
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed. The table below identifies the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) we have collected about consumers, as well as how we have disclosed such information for a business purpose. For more information about the business and commercial purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information, please see the How Do You Use My Personal Data? and the Do You Share My Personal Data? sections above.
|Personal Information Collected||Do We Disclose this Information?||Categories of Third Parties to Whom We May Disclose this Information|
|Identifiers||Includes direct identifiers, such as name, email address, phone number, address and other contact information; IP address and other online identifiers; and other government identifiers; and other similar identifiers.||YES||
|Identifiers||SSN, driver’s license number, passport number, tax ID.||YES||
|Customer Records||Includes personal information, such as name, contact information, education and employment information, SSN and government identifiers, account number, and financial or payment information).||YES||
|Commercial Information||Includes records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.||YES||
|Usage Data||Includes browsing history, clickstream data, search history, access logs and other usage data and information regarding an individual’s interaction with our websites and other Services, and our marketing emails and online ads.||YES||
|Audio, Video and Electronic Data||Includes audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us) and call recordings (e.g., of customer support calls).||YES||
|Professional information||Includes professional and employment-related information (such as current and former employer(s) and position(s), business contact information and professional memberships).||YES||
|Education Information||Information about an individual’s educational history (such as the schools attended, degrees you were awarded, and associated dates).||YES||
|Protected Classifications||Includes characteristics of protected classifications under applicable/federal and state/federal and California laws, such as disability information and medical conditions (e.g., which we may collect in order to make available appropriate accommodations for events and other activities / information that you voluntarily provide (e.g., gender, marital status.)||YES||
|Inferences||Includes inferences drawn from other personal information that we collect to create a profile reflecting an individual’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities or aptitudes. For example, we may analyze personal information in order to identify the offers and information that may be most relevant to customers, so that we can better reach them with relevant offers and ads.||YES||
Do We “Sell” Personal Information? Under the CCPA, a “sale” includes disclosing or making available personal information to a third-party in exchange for monetary compensation or other benefits or value. While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may disclose or make available certain categories of personal information to third parties in order to receive certain benefits or services, such as when we make browsing information available to third party ad companies (through third party tags on our Sites) in order to improve and measure our ad campaigns and reach users with more relevant ads and content. As defined by the CCPA, we may “sell” certain categories of personal information as follows:
- Usage Data and Identifiers to third-party advertising networks and data analytics providers; and
- Identifiers to third-party marketing partners who may contact you about products and services you may be interested in.
- Directly from the individual;
- Automatically through cookies and other technologies;
- Advertising networks and social media;
- Data analytics providers;
- Internet service providers;
- Government entities;
- Data brokers;
- Business customers; and
- Healthcare providers.
EU Citizens – General Data Protection Regulation
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) EU Citizens have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Statement should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions at [email protected]
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
You may Contact Us at [email protected] to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm)
How and Where Do You Store My Data?
When we share your personal information with our partners, affiliated companies, and service providers, your personal information may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission or rely on alternative legal bases such as the Privacy Shield, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may periodically change this Privacy Statement to keep pace with new technologies, industry practices, and regulatory requirements, among other reasons. We expect most such changes to be minor. Any non-material changes will take effect immediately upon posting of an updated Privacy Statement. There may, however, be cases where changes to the Privacy Statement may be more significant. In such cases, we will provide you either a prominent notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or its implementation, you may contact us at:
Email address: [email protected]
Submitting a request online using the Consumer Request Form
Phone Number: (888) 481-4824
Last updated: 10/22/2020